Well another Padre is headed to the DL and the Padres lost 3 straight games they should have won against the Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field.
Eckstein, the gutsy one, is headed to the DL with a Hamstring Strain. I know that they are saying it will only be 15 days, but that type of injury seems to linger. OUCH!
The Padres have 10 guys on the DL again (they brought up Gregerson) and that is simply unacceptable. The guys responsible for this need to go.
- 1st off, its impossible for any team to win with 10 guys on the major league roster that should be in the minors.
- 2nd, no other team has even half as many injuries as the Padres over this season and last season combined.
- 3rd, the injuries include:
- 3 pitchers expected to be 1-3 in the starting rotation (60%) plus a pitcher signed to replace one of them in the rotation.
- 3 starting position players including the starting catcher (37.5%) and the backup catcher.
- At least 3 players who are gone for the season.
Some people try to say that they can't prevent injuries, and I say THAT is precisely their jobs. To Train and Condition athletes to be in peak physical shape so that they perform better AND get hurt less often is what they get paid to do. Considering the record level of injuries on the team apparently they are failing miserably at it, so off with their heads.
Ok that is my rant for the day. Now what do you think?