Monday, December 27, 2010

A Belated Merry Christmas to Padres Fans

Monday December 27, 2010

Wooooo Hooooo!

After nearly two months of constant travel, this weary Padres fan is I am finally home for an extended stay!

A brutal work schedule that saw me in 27 cities in October & November followed by an extended trip to watch Caribbean beisbol in the Winter Leagues & then back to Albuquerque for Christmas with my extended family in December has left me fulfilled and plain old tuckered out.

But I am back home in sunny San Diego, energized with enthusiasm for baseball in general and ready to start filling your head with useless trivia and opinions about the San Diego Padres and major league baseball.

I will have a post up in the next couple of days recapping my trip to Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Venezuela and Mexico for Beisbol Caribe. This year we spent more time, made more flights to more cities and saw more games than in any year in the past. Mostly fun watching some great baseball and more than a few Padres prospects, some work (there it is again, the dreaded W word) and ALL baseball. It was a blast.

Glad to be home & ready to talk some Padres baseball. How about you?

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Wondered what happened to you. No posts on ESPN or MadFriars boards and no blog posts here from you for a long time.

    Looking forward to reading what you think of the moves Hoyer has made so far tis year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry Faria in Ocean Beach said:

    So THAT'S where you've been! I was beginning to suspect you'd abandoned the site. The Padres made a couple moves recently, and I'll be looking forward to your analysis. Happy New Year, and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I will be getting a new post up here in the next day or so about the trip and another about the Padres pickups. Hoyer has really changed up the 2011 Padres team with just a few moves.

    ReplyDelete